Nursing Pillow Twin
Breastfeeding two babies can seem like something that is both wonderful and daunting, yet armed with some helpful tips and tools like the My Brest Friend Twins Plus feeding pillow, you should soon find yourself feeding two babies simultaneously like a pro.
Why Breastfeed Twins Together?
There are many reasons to consider breastfeeding your twins simultaneously including:
Save time: Breastfeeding two babies at a time is usually faster than breastfeeding one baby after the other. Timesaving strategies are crucial when feeding two babies the typical 8-12 times a day.
More milk: Research has demonstrated when mothers of twins breastfeed simultaneously, they have a higher prolactin level than if they breastfeed their babies one after the other.
Prolactin is the key hormone responsible for signaling milk production, so more prolactin may mean more milk.
Logistics: It is very difficult to bottle feed two babies at a time but with the help of the My Brest Friend Twins Plus Feeding pillow, both babies can receive your attention at once.
Common Positions for Simultaneous Feeds:
There are many possible positions for simultaneous twin breastfeeding but here are the most popular three positions:
- Double football/clutch - This is the most popular position, especially for small and young babies. Both babies are at your sides with their legs under your arms and their heads supported by your hands.
- Double cradle with overlapping legs - Position the first baby in a cradle hold, with his head in the crook of your elbow. Bring the second baby up to your other breast, cradling him in the crook of your other elbow. Cross their legs over each other so they both rest comfortably on the pillow.
- Combination of football and cradle hold - Some women find feeding one baby in the football hold and the other in cradle helpful, especially if one baby prefers one position or the other. Position the baby in football hold first, and then bring the second baby up in a cradle hold.
- Back rest: Helps you maintain good posture during feeding preventing sore back and neck
- Wrap around design: secures to the body helping mum and baby maintain ideal positioning and latch on
- Arm and Elbow rest: eliminate shoulder stress
- Convenient Pocket: Keeps water bottle, burp cloths and other items within reach
- Firm, flat front cushion: eliminates gap between you and your baby and prevents your baby rolling off
- Ideal for C section tummies
- One handed adjustable strap: velcro for easy on
- Silent release buckle: Unlatches without waking baby